Ribbon Box

One of my dear friends from college finally had her first baby.  I am beyond thrilled for her, and of course had to send along a quilt in celebration.  The choice for her beautiful baby girl was Ribbon Box, a free pattern.


The pattern calls for a 1/3 yard of all the fabrics, but some quick calculations showed I could use fat quarters for all of them (it helped that some of my prints weren't directional), and so this was entirely from stash, and helped reduce that rather prodigious pile of batik fat quarters that keeps reproducing on the shelves.  The backing is pieced, again all from stash.


I tacked the machine quilting on this one myself.  It's a combination of straight-line quilting on the ribbons, with a simple stipple on the background.


Certainly nothing fancy, but so far the largest quilt I've worked on.  My new Brother 1500 makes it so much easier to work on larger projects, and as so many blogs have said, it's all about practice!


This quilt has already gone off to Ohio to its young owner, and I hope it gets lots and lots of use!


Comments

  1. All stash fabric??? Incredible. The colors look as though they belong together. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely - your friend will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!