Back to the backings

I finally got back into my craft room last night.  It wasn't for long enough, but at least it was something.  I think it's been a solid week since I've sewn a single stitch. 

And it was nothing too exciting.  I pieced together a backing for the comma squares quilt, and started working on the backing for Ruby, Pearl and Opal.  The former is six large pieces left over, so it went together pretty quickly.  The latter is using leftover strings from the front.  It's going to be neat to have a row of them across the middle of the back, but it is certainly more time consuming than using a piece of 108" fabric!  But I figure pieced backings are a good way to use up the never-seems-to-get-smaller fabric stash, at least with some of those fabrics that I don't think would get used up otherwise. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!