Skip to main content

Moving Along

Progress on the WIP list!!

Even though there were about five instances of this on Simply Woven:


I actually got the top all sewn together!  It's BIG, a generous twin size, and I just love the colors.  I didn't have enough fabric to replace the cut pieces (toddlers, scissors, and quilt tops are a bad combination) so I had to do patch jobs, but hopefully none of them are too noticeable!

Basic Math is also done, and looks adorable.  I'm going to put it up in the Etsy shop as a modern baby quilt. 

The Jester costumer is done!  Isadora got to wear it last week at the Creepy Museum crawl, and it looks pretty adorable.  Hopefully it will be warm enough tonight she won't have to put a jacket on over it. 


 It's hard to put a jacket over those sleeves!

I also got started on a knit dress.  Of course, I managed to mess up cutting it out, so have to go get more fabric today.  It's color blocked, and I cut the wrong section out of the first color.  But I think it's going to end up being a blessing in disguise, as the second color just isn't as nice a fabric.

My sister also came over to work on some shirts.  She hasn't sewn in years, so she wanted some backup.  It was so fun to hang out in the craft room!  We only had one machine set up, but it actually worked really well, as I got some cutting done, put markings on a new quilt top, squared up some squares, and lots of other little jobs that needed to be done completed.

Sisters! 

So without further ado:  

Recent Completions:

Owl Nightshirt
Basic Math
Jester Costume
 
WIPs:
 
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (waiting for my bee blocks)
Craftsy QAYG quilt (two of twelve completed)
Toes in the sand BOM quilt
Black Dress
Lucky Pezzy
High Fashion
Color Block Knit Dress
 
Needs Binding:
 
Salad
 
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:
 
Swoon
Fat Quarter Shop BOM
Heart of Mine 2
Pick and Mix (Collette says she loves the colors)
Simply Woven

Planning:

Avalon BOM quilt
White Wrap Shirt
Comma Squares 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)


Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.


 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.


It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…