Life and other Stuff

It was a fantastic weekend.  The weather finally turned, and on Sunday we went up to Sean and Barb's to celebrate Grace and Colin's first communions.  It was wonderful - the kids all got to play outside, and the adults got to play with them. :)  My Dad loves to play ball, and he was having a blast teaching the young ones the fundamentals of how to swing a bat.  I will admit my dear daughter is not the most naturally athletically inclined kid!  And we have been remiss in getting her outside to just teach her how to play catch.

I did a much better job of getting outside after work this week, too.  I need to do it more often - who cares if I don't feed the kids till 7?  We're outside, having fun, exercising, getting fresh air.  





Other random notes - some self portraits in my attempt to make sure that there are actually pictures of me with my kids.



I put up curtains in my craft room.  I used the ties from Jelly Rolls for the tiebacks.  It makes me smile.  (Total win on the curtains - too.  They were the ones that used to hang in the dining room, three or four houses ago.  Just happen to work in this room - get something out of storage and don't spend money!)


Here are some of the fat quarters going into one of my next projects.  I signed up for the machine quilting class on Craftsy.  These are going into the squares - it's a quilt as you go project, so fulfills one of my yearly goals.  I think it will also be the quilt I'll give to the church to auction off, so a two for one!


And just because it makes me smile, Gunner napping on my hubby.  He was one tuckered out little boy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!