WIP Wednesday

The summer is rapidly winding down!  School for Gunner starts on Friday, and Isadora's homeschool classes start on Monday.  Hopefully those will help provide us with a bit more structure.  I've had luck finally getting some progress made.  I'm back to working out in the mornings (which is oh-so-painful while I'm doing it, but so nice have out of the way) and that gives me a small block of time in the afternoon to get 10 or 15 minutes of sewing in.

I finished the quilting on the Guild sampler quilt - it went pretty quickly.  I wanted just some overall texture, and I love how it turned out.  Christina Camelli's book is full of great designs that can quilt up quickly but are more interesting than your standard stipple. 



I actually won this round of thread chicken!  Superior is definitely my go-to thread for quilting.  I'll need to order another spool of this color soon!

I'm going to get Rows of bricks ripped out, but in the mean time will probably load up layer cake quilt number 2, and get it done.  And then it's time to address that big binding pile! 

I cut out Rhombus Dance, and have it laid out.  I still need to cut the background, but that should sew together relatively quickly.  Modern Owls will be the next cut, I think.  I can bring it inside and do a block or so at a time.  I'm adding Percolate to the planning list as well; it's another I can work on indoors in small time increments. 

Recent Finishes   

Ombre Heart Pouch
Guild Sampler Quilt 

Piecing 


Guild Mystery Quilt (working on assembly)
Four Square (leader and ender project)  
Moda Love quilt - center finished, need to add borders
Ombre Tumblers (leader and ender)
McCall’s dress – grey (wearable muslin)
Simplicity dress – green (wearable muslin)
Rhombus Dance

Needs Binding


Kit's USMC Quilt 
Teal and cat (layer cake quilt #1) 
Frond kit from Marc
Ombre Tumblers (mini)
Angela Walters BOM

On the Longarm 
Rows of Bricks (was on, now off for ripping)
  
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 

Moda Building Blocks

Classic Meets Modern BOM
Layer cake quilt #2 
Beetle Adventures (Mini)
Prism Star
A New View (Frond greens) 
Hexology 

Planning 

Frond Quilt #3 
Modern Owls
Aurora Borealis

Percolate  

UFO's

Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!

Another year of Quarantine