Weekly WIP


I made up this list prior to the weekend: 

Weekend TO DO - in order of priority
  1. Finish piecing Frond Kit from Marc
  2. Binding for Marisa's baby quilt 
  3. Cut Frond quilt #2
  4. Piece top of Bitter Almond  
  5. Finish piecing Prism
  6. Cut strips for Four Square  
  7. Find or piece backings for everything that needs long-armed 
Also - hit up the sale at Fern Hill Gifts.  Alternate list with one long-arm row on Bev's quilt.  

So how did I do?  Well, I finished piecing the Frond Kit, so that's being added to the ready-to-quilt list.  I got the binding added, so Marisa's baby quilt is finished!  I did finish the cutting for the new Frond quilt, as well, so that's ready to piece.  I finished Bitter Almond, and Layer Cake Quilt #2 as well. I didn't get 5 or 6 done, but I did start matching up the backings.


Finished Baby Quilt!


This one is actually finished, no thanks to Ophelia!
Sadly, the problem came with Bev's quilt.  It was going great for about five passes, and then something went wrong with the tension, and it's leaving intermittent loops all over the back.  I'm seriously ready to cry.  I can't decide if I should just take it off the frame and rip completely, or fix what I can with it on the frame.  There's barely any room on either side to test stitches to try and get the problem fixed, either.  So I keep looking at it, sighing heavily, and moving on to other things.


I did hit up the sale at Fern Hill Gifts, but focused mainly on getting 108 inch fabric for backs, and some background fabrics.  I feel like I should have had a better plan going on on what Frond fabrics I wanted, but I already have so many lined up I really can't justify it...

A quick count shows TWELVE quilts in the to-be-quilted pile, plus one Mom has asked me to quilt.  Luckily this week the ice should melt and the temperatures warm up, so it will be easier to get out to the shop.  Daylight Savings always helps with that as well.  So I'll keep plugging away on Bev's, and hopefully get some others going soon. 

Recent Finishes 
 

Winter Garden 
Shenandoah
Toss the Bouquet (mini - Frond)
2nd Frond mini
Happiness is Handmade (mini)
Making Modern - Rainbow 
Galentine Swap
Marisa's Baby Quilt 

Piecing 

Prism Star - ALL diamonds done!  1/4 of top assembled
 

Guild Mystery Quilt (leader and ender project) 
Four Square (leader and ender project)  
Rows of Bricks
Frond Quilt #2 

Needs Binding


Kit's USMC Quilt 

On the Longarm 

Morris Apprentice
 
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks

Classic Meets Modern BOM
Quill  
Angela Walters BOM
Teal and cat (layer cake quilt #1) 
Frond kit from Marc
Bitter Almond
Layer cake quilt #2 
Rock Candy (Mini)
Beetle Adventures (Mini) 
Ombre Tumblers (mini)

Planning 


Frond Quilt #3 
Moda Love quilt - Barb 
Modern Owls

Aurora Borealis  

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!

Another year of Quarantine