Crazy Quilt Charity Project - FINISHED!

This is another quilt top sent along by the fabulous Jo at Jo's Country Junction.  As I mentioned in the previous post, she sent along several tops for a friend and I to quilt and bind.  This one is a wonderfully fun crazy quilt style top.  The colors are not ones that I normally work with, but when I see projects like this it makes me want to change my mind!  This one is made by Patricia, in Spokane.

It's good sized, at 60x72, so the perfect size for cuddling on the couch.


As a relatively new long-armer, I went with basic all-over loops for the center.  


With such a busy pattern, I thought an all-over design as best, as well.  I had a great variegated thread,with shades of gold, brown and tan, which was just perfect for the colors. 


I went with loops in the fabulous pieced border, leaving the black border blank. 


It's definitely comfortable!  My then six-year old was helping out with the photo shoot (again courtesy of my 12 year-old 4-H'er) and apparently it wore him out. :) 

This quilt will be donated to the Surgical and Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit (SNICU). It's an adult unit that cares for and treats the most severely ill patients at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.  They care for patients with severe illnesses, catastrophic trauma, aneurysm patients and more.  As you can imagine, they deal with patients who pass away on a regular basis.  When a family makes the difficult decision to withdraw life support or a patient is near end-of-life, a quilt is placed on the patient’s bed and remains there until the patient passes, then is given to the family.

Thanks again to our guild, the Kountry Quilters of Wellman, for doing the binding, and to Jo for letting us help out!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!