Charity quilt - finished!

Another charity quilt is finished and donated!  This is another one by Patricia in Spokane, and sent to Jo at Jo's Country Junction, and on to me to finish, then off to the ladies of the Kountry Quilters for binding.  


I went with an all-over spiral pattern for this one.  I definitely need a little practice; I need to keep my spacing more even and just get more experience at filling in small areas, but practice makes better, and finished is better than perfect.


This is a nice sized lap or throw, and will also be going to the SNICU (Surgical and Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit) at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. It's an adult unit that cares for and treats the most severely ill patients.  They care for patients with severe illnesses, catastrophic trauma, aneurysm patients and more.  As you can imagine, they deal with patients who pass away on a regular basis.  When a family makes the difficult decision to withdraw life support or a patient is near end-of-life, a quilt is placed on the patient’s bed and remains there until the patient passes, then is given to the family.


So I'm sure this will be a much treasured item by someone's family.


Thanks to Jo and Patricia for all you do!

And of course, one final picture of my youngest, who is still at the age when he has to be in all the pictures.


Comments

  1. Nice job, Brenna!! I popped over from Jo's blog since she left a link to your blog. As a fellow longarm quilter and a mom of a Brenna, I'll just have to follow your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are a lot more Brenna's around than there used to be - I know of basically none my age, but it's much more common for little girls now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!