WIP Friday

We're back to school, and as much as I hoped things would calm down, they seem to have gone in the opposite direction!  For example, this week I had a 4-H meeting with daughter on Monday, meeting with son's principal and teacher the morning of Tuesday, Fine Arts Booster meeting Tuesday night, doctor appointment for daughter on Wednesday morning, prepping for quilt guild Wednesday Night, TTT meeting on Thursday night, volunteering at the Fine Arts Booster fundraiser supper tonight, and so it goes.  Pretty much ALL THE TIME.  And this is in addition to my regular 40 hour per week job.  Argh!  And hubby has moved to the night shift; he's the plant supervisor for 3rd shift now.  Technically 3rd shift goes from 12-7, but since he's in charge of the whole shebang at night, he's expected to be there early for turnover, stay for the morning production meeting after the shift is over, then spend the next two hours finishing his daily report.  So we're looking for a new job for him!

This obviously does not leave much time for quilting, but I'm working on things as I can.  I started a top in the house craft room this week; hoping that turns out well!  Making a bit of progress here and there as well.

Finished this adorable little gal; part of an instagram swap!  A really fun paper pieced project from Quilt Art Designs.  


Making progress on the crossroads quilt.  Originally this was for my sister-in-law, but she changed her mind completely on the design, so now this is destined for the fall dinner for next year.  Should give me plenty of time to finish!


A charity quilt finish; the top was sent by Jo of Jo's Country Junction, and I quilted it. 


And some cross stitch in the evenings!


I'm working on the Loominous piecing; it's going pretty quickly, and will definitely have a different look than your traditional quilt top.  I think I'm going to love it!  I need to finish cutting the background pieces for blue modern.  That will go together pretty quickly, I think.  I finished another square of the Quilter's Patch; those are not for the faint of heart.  So many small pieces! I signed up for another swap, so I'm waiting for my partner to post a mosaic so I can get started on that.  I hope to get another quilt on the machine this weekend as well.  Maybe the black and white batiks one??  I need to figure out how I'm going to quilt it... Or the Frond one, I'm pretty sure that will be an all over design.  Maybe.  Ha! 


Recent Finishes 

QAD Mini Swap

Piecing 

Barb's Quilt - finished center 16 patches and four patches, working on the x-blocks
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
Loominous- about half the squares pieced  
Making Modern - Blues 
HST mini - have a layout from leftover squares, need to piece 

Needs Binding

PB&J four patch

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Every Which Way - ready to load 
Mom's quilt - basted
 
Moda Building Blocks
Fat Quarter quick quilt - Black and White batiks 
Frond butterfly quilt  

Planning 

 #makeitmodern Mini for swap 
Sparklers
Abacus
Social Ladder
Triple Barn Star - for Bev 
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt


UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!