Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday


Some significant progress this time!  Landscape is bound and hanging on display.  I'd really planned it for the fall quilt, but the summer one isn't done yet. :) 


Moda Building Blocks is coming along.  Sections A, B, C and D are all finished!  I'm still worried this is going to be entirely too busy when it's done, but I'm plugging along. 



Red, White and Blue Mini for the swap is completed and awating quilting. 


Breezeway is completed!  Had some fun quilting this on the new Nolting.  


The quilts took a back seat to finishing some teacher gifts as well - made two one-hour baskets, and this pouch from some of my precious Frond scraps.  



Recent Finishes 

Landscape
Breezeway
Kerbloom
Stars
FIS swap mini 

Piecing 

Moda Building Blocks 
PB&J Four Square - assembled top, need to add border
Barb's Quilt - finished center 16 patches, have the 4 patches inside as L/E
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished four blocks


Needs Binding

Tilted Squares
Batik Quick Quilt

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Every Which Way - ready to load 
Mom's quilt - basted
MSQC stars - need a back
Moda Love quilt - need a back
RWB Mini Swap

HST Mini Swap
Fat Quarter quick quilt - Black and White batiks 

Planning 

Sparklers
Abacus
Social Ladder
Fall Dinner quilt
Triple Barn Star - for Bev 
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt
Making Modern - Blues

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…