Monday WIP

Our guild's spring retreat is this weekend, and I need to figure out what I'm taking, and start the various preparations, so a good time to review the WIP list.  Forgive the ramblings here, definitely some thinking out loud (via typing) going on. 

 So, in looking at this I obviously need to have a binding binge some weekend!  Hubby is a huge help with the binding, so I'll probably wait until he's done with his current project, and then get on that.

I want to know out some of these piecing WIP's, so I'm going to take Barb's quilt, for sure.  I'll also take the PB&J quilt; that should be a quick finish to turn the pieces into a quilt.  I think I'll pull Social Ladder from the planning list; it's ready to go and I should be able to make good progress on that.  It's an easy pattern.  I may take the quick layer cake quilt along for the same reason...  If I get the fat quarter quilt cut this week I'll take it, it should piece together in no time.   Maybe I could take those squares I found at the auction, and piece them?  I'd need to find something for sashing. 

I have a ton of cutting to do for Aviatrix, so I don't want to do that since I won't have a table at the correct height.  The ones where I have individual blocks to cut are a bit problematic for a retreat.

I do find I'm emphasizing the quick and fast finishes, so I can get more practice on the long-arm.  I've finished up the quilting on a couple of quilts, and have another charity quilt on the frame now. 

I'm also getting some apparel sewing done.  I have several more projects to cut out.  I'm trying to do the #memademay17 on IG.  I'm positive I don't have enough to do without repeats, but we'll see how it goes!  I have some quick tunic patterns in the to-be-cut pile, so if I get those done I can add them to the wardrobe for the month. 

Hubby has been on second shift part of the last couple of weeks, and I will say it does wonders for my productivity.  Don't get me wrong, I don't like not having him around in the evenings, but if he's not there I have zero distractions after the kids are in bed!

WIP LIST

Piecing

Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one!
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Moda Building Blocks - moved indoors, add to list
PB&J Four Square - cut the alternating squares, just need to assemble top
Barb's Quilt - working on the center 16 patches, have the 4 patches inside as L/E projects, making progress
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished three blocks

Needs Binding

Landscape
Grunge Mini
French General Mini
Breezeway
KerBloom
Stars

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Every Which Way - need a back
Tilted Squares - need a back
Mom's quilt - basted
MSQC stars
Batik quick quilt

Planning 

Sparklers
Abacus
Social Ladder - for Bev
Layer Cake quick quilt (from weekend quilts book)
Fat Quarter quick quilt (pinterest pattern)
Fall Dinner quilt

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!