Skip to main content

February WIP

The weather this winter has been mild, but I'm sad to report that the bugs and viruses have not been so gentle.  Lots of sick kids, and I've been sick a lot more than usual as well.  It definitely impedes progress when you sleep for 16 hours a day, and spend the other eight hours lying in bed wishing you were asleep.  Isadora threw up this week, and gave me that stomach bug, too.

I'm still getting accustomed to the "two sewing room" model.  So far I have apparel type projects inside the house, along with smaller projects.  I finished a quick mini out of a quilty box inside; something I could easily do in smaller bursts without having to brave the elements to go outside!  I need to get more apparel type stuff going, as well.  Need more fabric!  :)  I have several things cut out, but they're all sleeveless, summer stuff, and I'm going to wait to get started on those.

Another mini on the planning list; Instagram swap again.  They are definitely fun to do.  At least for the Charley Harper swap I did manage to get one done for me, I wasn't as on top of things for the pink swap or the Black and White swap.  I still want to do the B&W mini; I have the leftover fabric and I loved how it turned out.  

Recent Completions:

Pink Mini
Correspondence Mini
Charley Harper x2 

WIPS

Aviatrix
Farmer's Wife
Moda Building Blocks
PB&J Four Square
MSQC stars (Leader/Ender)
Pink Swap
Barb's Quilt


Needs Binding

Landscape


Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Breezeway (basted)
KerBloom
Stars (basted)
Every Which Way
Tilted Squares


Planning 

Gravity
Sparklers
Abacus
Triple Barn Star
Geese Swap mini

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)


Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.


 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.


It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…