New Year WIP

I took almost two weeks off for Christmas.  I honestly can't remember the last time I was off that long, and it was blissful.  Crazy busy, but blissful!

The biggest task accomplished was the migration of my sewing room.  It's been in a basement bedroom since we built the house.  Marc has always wanted that space for the guest bedroom.  So when we built a new shop this fall, we put in a 12x30 foot loft room in one end.  That's where my long-arm will eventually go, but for now most of my quilting stuff moved there.  My garment sewing/cross-stitch/craft stuff moved to the old (much smaller) guest room, and the guest room moved into the downstairs room.  Which, by the way, looks at least three feet wider than it did when all my sewing supplies were in there.  I'm honestly not sure how it all fit.

I did throw away about five garbage bags full of stuff.  Projects that I don't have any interest in completing, mystery synthetic fabric that will never find a use, that sort of thing.  I also boxed up four or five boxes of stuff to send to IG friends.  It felt good to purge!

I did a much more careful job of sorting and organizing my fabric when I put it away in the new quilting room.  I finally sorted my yardage by color, rather than collection.  Apparently I like blue a lot, and orange not so much!

I did get some sewing in, thankfully.  I finished my black and white quilt swap mini, and am delighted with the results.  I finished a knit top that's been cut out for ages last night, and started in on my next Moda Bakeshop project.  I started and finished a baby quilt for my cousin's baby.  I finished a long-standing WIP that will go to my grandmother's new assisted living facility room. 

I broke out a layer cake and jelly roll to get another leader/ender project going, and it should be a quick one.  I'm going to take part in the APQ UFO challenge, to see if I can get a few of these long-term UFO's knocked off.  I'm only including items that have lingered in my UFO/Planning category for far too long, so hopefully that will provide some impetus to get those moving. 

Recent Completions:

Kaylee's baby blanket
Secret Garden
Black and White swap mini  

WIPS

Aviatrix
Farmer's Wife
Moda Building Blocks
PB&J Four Square
MSQC stars (Leader/Ender)
Secret Project
Pink Swap
Charley Harper Swap

Needs Binding


Landscape


Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Breezeway (basted)
KerBloom
Stars (basted)
Every Which Way

Planning 


Gravity
Sparklers
Abacus
Triple Barn Star

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!