WIP Wednesday

Got some time in the sewing room this week!  Having hubby home has been fantastic, although it's definitely an adjustment to get used to living with another adult in the house again.  But having the kitchen immaculate when I'm done putting the kids to bed?  That rocks.  Having someone make coffee for me before I leave house?  Wonderful.  Having the ability to go to a meeting in the evening without having to pay a babysitter?  All over that!  And he's been pretty good at encouraging me to actually do the sewing that I need to do.  For example, I've mentioned that I have four quilts that need binding (five as of yesterday...) so he sends me downstairs with instructions to bind.  Definitely a keeper, is my hubby.  So last night I got binding sewn on one side of two quilts, as I need some light grey thread to sew it to the other side on both of them.

I also finished the quilting on my secret project.  That was an adventure, as I'm still a newbie to FMQ, and this is a queen sized quilt.  I'm pretty pleased overall with how it turned out.

I absolutely must get going on The Lorax this weekend, as the baby it's destined for arrived five weeks early last weekend.  I should be able to piece it in a weekend, I have a pretty simple design planned.  

Recent Completions!!

All 8 of my Christmas runners!
WIPS

Blossoms (ender and leader set-up)
Aviatrix (I've at least made the templates, so I'm counting that as a start!)
Stars
KerBloom
Farmer's Wife 
The Lorax
Kelley's Quilt 

Needs Binding
 
Swoon - half done
Stardust - half done
Vertical Drop
Park Bench
Secret Project

At the quilter:


   
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Mosaic
Breezeway
Landscape
Secret Garden

Planning:

Snowbird BOM
Gravity
Abacus
Hidden Stars (baby quilt)
Sticks and Stones (fall dinner 2016)
Moda Building Blocks??
Triple Barn Star (w/ Morris layer cake)

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!