Skip to main content

#getyourquiltywishesgranted

My IG feed was deluged this week with #getyourquiltywishesgranted posts, where people asked for and granted various wishes.  I admit I don't have too many wishes (I have a pretty decent fabric budget), but I definitely wanted to grant some wishes.  I got a little overwhelmed looking through for individual wishes to grant, so I just posted things I thought people might like, and asked for takers.



All of my scraps from Canyon Jewels - a decent amount of them, some oddly shaped.  I am terrible at using scraps, and would love to see someone get some use out of them.



Two Moda scrap bags - see above comment on scraps.  These have been in my stash for several years, and I just can't see them getting used any time soon.  Or ever. 



And my scrap bin.  I have a 20 gallon tote that is completely crammed with scraps.  Some sewing scraps, some random stuff, a lot of quilting scraps.  I filled up one large priority box, and four envelopes with scraps, and they are waiting to be picked up by the postman today.  I took a good honest look at the rest of the scraps, and sorted out two garbage bags to be thrown away, and now my tote is only about 1/4 full, and I am much happier.  And hopefully I've made a couple of other people happy along the way, too.



I posted a couple of books last night, to see if there was any interested.  I have a TON of books, and figured I could get rid of a couple of them without too much trouble.  Honestly, I should purge a couple more...



Check out the wishes hashtag, though. It's so amazing to see the generosity of the quilting community! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…