Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday

Okay, it's long past time for an update to the WIP list.  I feel like I have been accomplishing things lately, but it's also all over the board.  Some mending, finished a jumper for my daughter that's been cut out for months, that sort of thing.  More cross-stitching, some swap work.  So here goes:


Recent Completions!!

Jingle All the Way Swap table runner
Wall hanging
Descending
 
WIPs:

Blossoms (ender and leader set-up)
Aviatrix (I've at least made the templates, so I'm counting that as a start!)
Stars
KerBloom
Secret Garden
Farmer's Wife

Needs Binding
 
Swoon
Stardust
Vertical Drop
Park Bench
 
At the quilter:


Chevron News
   
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Mosaic
Breezeway
Landscape

Planning:

Snowbird BOM
Gravity
Abacus
Hidden Stars (baby quilt)
The Lorax (baby quilt)
Sticks and Stones (fall dinner 2016)
Kelley's Quilt (commission for sister)
Moda Building Blocks??
Secret Project

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…