Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday

I'm working on getting some clothing pieces cut out - I have four cut and ready to sew.  They shouldn't take me long, if I could just find some uninterrupted time.  The kids are back to school, and I'm working on getting the bed-time routine back to a respectable time limit.  It gets a bit ridiculous, and by the time I've put them in bed and finished the dishes, it's time for bed.  And I'm trying to get exercise in daily, too, which eats up yet more time!  My quilt WIP pile is now entirely too small, as well.  I've pulled out Aviatrix to start, and am anxious to get going on that.  I'm going to try and get a bunch of cutting done this weekend, but I'm definitely going to have to come up with a better organizational system than I usually use.  We'll see what I can jigger up.  I also want to add the Moda Building Blocks quilt to my planning list, and try to do it entirely from stash.  We'll see! 


Recent Completions!!

Madonna and Child (need to post pictures)
Avalon (need to post pictures)
Secret Project (need to post pictures)
 
WIPs:

Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 21 blocks completed)
Blossoms (ender and leader set-up)

Needs Binding
   
Swoon
Daisy Chain
 
At the quilter:

Stardust  
Park Bench
   
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Mosaic
Breezeway
Vertical Drop - for Colin?

Planning:

Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Snowbird BOM
Aviatrix
Gravity
Abacus
KaBloom
Moda Building Blocks

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)


Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.


 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.


It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

A Fast Finish

With the new long-arm, I find myself making quick quilt tops to practice the free motion quilting.  So I'm ending up with a LOT of finished quilts!  The quilting on some of them is still a bit rougher than I'd like, but hey, that's more quilts that the kids can use to build forts!

This one I'm actually pretty pleased with, and it is headed off with my dear Aunt Susie.


This is a pattern from a magazine, although I can't recall which one just now.  Very simple, but I had recently purchased a bundle of batiks and it seemed a great fit.  I loaded it onto the machine sideways, and did a different quilting motif in each band.  Feathers, loops, straight lines, I had some fun with them! 


Feathers definitely require practice...


 Straight lines also require practice...


Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress.  I've been using a roll of poly batting; less expensive to practice with, and I actually like the fluff factor.  



Glad to have another one finished!  It end…

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…