WIP Thursday

I have not been in my sewing room nearly enough lately!  Partly it's just taking a short break.  I don't normally watch much television, but every once in a while I'll start watching some old show on Netflix, and then I just have to binge watch it until I get it out of my system.  I think I'm almost there with my current binge (Chuck - such a cute show, it does make me laugh!) so hopefully I'll get back to the sewing soon.

I'm also doing some round robin cross stitches.  This month I'm finishing up one robin and starting a new one, so I have two to do, and I already know one will be late.  But c'est la vie, they will both get done. 

A new project popped onto my planning list.  My step-son asked me to make a quilt for him, and I can't tell you how much that means, so I am looking for something special.  I think I've found the perfect pattern, and am focusing in the fabrics.  I will definitely break my no-new-fabric pledge, on which I'd actually been doing really well, but it's for a really good reason!  I don't have anything suitable in my stash for this one, so I don't feel bad about buying some for him.

I'm also planning on going to a retreat with our local quilt guild.  A new friend joined as well, and I think we're the youngest people there by 20 years, but I'm still really looking forward to it!  I plan to have everything ready to go for Patrick's quilt, and work on it the entire time.  The design will be a stretch for me, so it will be good to have people to give me second opinions.

On the downside, I'm taking my primary sewing machine into the shop today, so I'll have to get out the backup.  So no more practicing FMQ.  But I think I'm making progress!

Recent Completions!!

Madonna and Child (need to post pictures)
Avalon (need to post pictures)
Daisy Chain  (need to post pictures)
 
WIPs:

Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 21 blocks completed)
Blossoms (ender and leader set-up)
Aviatrix (I've at least made the templates, so I'm counting that as a start!)

Needs Binding
   
Swoon
 
At the quilter:

Stardust  
Park Bench
   
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Mosaic
Breezeway
Vertical Drop - for Colin?

Planning:

Patrick's Quilt
Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Snowbird BOM
Gravity
Abacus
KaBloom
Moda Building Blocks

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!