Whirligigs!

This was definitely a fun project!  It was another Moda Bakeshop one, made from a Hi De Ho Jelly Roll and yardage.  I'd originally wanted the triangle pieces to be five strips, but I couldn't quite squeeze enough triangles out of a strip set that way.  Regardless, I do like the way it turned out.  I used a polka dot for the background, which was kind of a fun change from the usual white, too.


 The sun was on its way down when I was taking pictures, but I think the bridge may be a new favorite spot for showing off quilts. I'm still learning how to use my good camera.  A work in progress, as with so much else. 


 I did a scrappy binding from leftover jelly rolls, and love the bit of color it gives it.  


I'm not sure where this one will be going - a good friend is having a baby girl, though, so I strongly suspect it may be headed east in a couple of months! 

Comments

  1. Super cute! And I just love that polka dot print instead of white---I'll be stealing that idea from you on my next quilt!
    The scrappy binding is perfect. Keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!