Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday

My tops completed list got a lot bigger this week!  Three moved from the WIP list to either at the quilter or waiting for a trip to the quilter.

Saturday was a sewing day, although no progress was made on quilts.  I had two friends from work over for a sewing playdate, and it was a riot.  They had both complimented a shirt I'd worn to work, and when they found out I made it, they wanted one of their own.  They both had at least a basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine, but that was about it.  They bought the pattern, and we made the shirt from start to finish.  It was an absolutely wonderful day!  While they were sewing I also managed to cut out several other pieces of clothing, so my clothing list had several new things added as well. 

My nifty database of projects has crashed, too.  I was using Bento on my iPad, and the program is no longer supported, so I'm going to have to recreate it.  Not easy!  One of those that I just need a long block of uninterrupted time to accomplish.  I think I'm going to use Tap Forms.  It's much easier to keep track of on my iPad, and that program got pretty decent reviews.  We shall see!  Now onto the list...

Recent Completions!!

Christmas Impromptu (Need pictures)
Lucky Pezzy (Need pictures)

WIPs:

Park Bench (Eight of 15 completed)
Madonna and Child
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Scrappy Chevrons (leader and ender setup)

Needs Binding

Vintage Modern

At the quilter:

Secret Project

Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Northern Lights
Stardust
Swoon
Mosaic
Avalon BOM 1

Planning:

Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Snowbird BOM
Elementary

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…