Impromptu

Okay, this quilt was just plain hard to photograph.  Because it's huge.  The original pattern finished at 96 inches square, then I added another 8 or 10 inches of borders, to get it to comfortably fit a king size bed.  So yeah, huge.  But I love it.  The fabric is an older line, Tradewinds, and I adore the colors! 


These teacups are my favorite print!  This also shows the quilting well - there is a stipple over most of it, with designs in the large blocks.  This is a layer cake pattern, a variation on a disappearing 9-block, and it went together pretty quickly. 


Here it is in situ, and I'm quite pleased with the final result!  I did have a bit of panic when I got it back from the quilter.  She said she used a fabric pen to mark the quilting designs on the large squares, only I have a suspicion she'd accidentally used a regular pen, because the marks did NOT come out.  I washed three times, and did some serious spot treatment, and got most of them out, but you can still see a few of the residual marks.  I'm getting her a box of Frixion pens for Christmas...  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!