Weekend Stitches

It seems like I spent a fair amount of time in my sewing room over the weekend.  The biggest completed project was a top for me.  I like how it turned out, although if I do it again I'll lengthen the bodice by an inch or so.  It's a cute eyelet top, should be a good summer shirt.

I also made some progress on Lucky Pezzy, finally.  I've had the half square triangles sewn for quite some time, but needed to cut them in half and trim them down.  I used the "quilt-in-a-day" ruler to trim the 5 inch charms to 4.5 inch HST's, and that's definitely the way to go!  If I try to cut the 4 7/8" square, then square them up, they're always more wonky than I'd like.  This way was both much quicker and more accurate.



I'm using a Pezzy layer cake - I think the end product is going to be quite fun! I got a start on sewing the squares together last night.  Had to rip four of the five squares.  I'm obviously going to have to be very careful about orientation.  But I love making even a bit of progress. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!