Another weekend gone...

I got another Avalon BOM cut out last night.  By the time I had cut the background for both square out, I had just the tiniest sliver of fabric left!  No time to get them sewn, but they are all marked and ready to go, hopefully for tonight.

I did do a lot of garment sewing.  Or at least some. :)  I finished a maxi-dress for Isadora.  Talk about a stash buster!  It used five different coordinating quilt fabrics, plus several yards of two different trims.  She's not thrilled with it, unfortunately.  It's more a fit thing.  It's a halter style, and there's just so much fabric in it that it pulls uncomfortably at her neck.  So I'm going to look at either putting elastic in the waistband to help hold it up, or changing the straps to go over the shoulders.  I think once it's more comfortable she'll be quite happy with it. 

I also worked on a new top for me.  I was hoping to have it done, but I seriously messed up the front piece.  It was a good thing I had extra fabric (a lot of it, too), since I had to cut that piece out THREE times before I did it right.  And I think I still managed to reverse the whole thing, but it will work. 

I have fabric picked out for a couple more fun summer skirts, too.  Bring on the Summer of No Pants! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!