Good Things

Colorful Reunion is on its way to be auctioned off!  I love it when my hobby can help someone; always feels good, even if I do occasionally miss all those quilts!  I have two more tops that I need to get sent off to Jo at Jo's Country Junction for charity quilts, too.

I had plans for the weekend.  A group of my old high school friends was going to get together at my house, but ALL FOUR of them bailed.  Two of them (twin sisters) told me they couldn't make it, and my younger sister saw them the same evening they were supposed to come over out bar-hopping.  So I guess I know where I rank! :)  I don't mind, though, as I really did need a quiet evening in by myself (can you say introvert??).  The kids cooperated and went to bed at a decent hour, and I made really good progress piecing together the top of Toes in the Sand.  I have six of seven rows put together, so I should be able to get the whole thing finished in another hour or so of work.  It's triangle-based, so dealing with all those bias edges is a new challenge.  Thank goodness for spray starch! 

I've also added two apparel tops to my completed list.  I LOVE how both of them turned out.  They're simple knit tops, but I am delighted with the results.  Maybe someday I'll muster up the nerve to take pictures of myself for here... I still have to do some cutting out to meet the goals I put up at the beginning of the year.  I'm putting off cutting one of them mainly because I will have to spend the better part of an hour ironing the fabric before I can even lay it out. 

I also need to be better about adhering to my no-gym-no-sewing rule.  I gave up unhealthy carbs for lent, so I at least feel like I'm doing something for my health, but I can feel it when I don't work out for a while, and I know I feel better when I do.  I hate the time change, because I just cannot bring myself to get up before the sun does to exercise, and even though I know I have the same amount of daylight, getting exercise in the evening is just such a challenge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!