Checking things off!

It's amazing how much simple pleasure I get from moving things to the "Top Completed" category in my quilt database, or checking items off of my Things list (Things is a marvelous productivity app, if you're looking for one!)  Last night I got another quilt into the top completed category:


This is Toes in the Sand, and since it was a BOM from FQS, it's been in the works for over a year.  So it's pretty exciting to move it into the top completed category!  Of course, my long-arm quilter is moving to Texas, so I have no idea when I'll get it into the totally finished category.  I'm please with how this one came out.  There are a lot of bias edges with all those triangles, but with lots of starch and ironing, I think it came out pretty well!  So it's the first of my PB&J quilts; since that line was the color inspiration for my basement, there will be more. :)

In other news, I have started doing leaders and enders; I had an entire pile of little triangles from another  FQS BOM, in Vintage Modern, and I was sick of getting thread everywhere and threads getting caught in the bobbin case, so I figured why not?  Those little buggers add up fast!  I spent a good while ironing them out last night.  No real idea what I'm going to do with them next, except probably sew them together again.  I have a bunch of scraps from that quilt (FQS is quite generous with the fabric) so I'm probably going to attempt to make a scrap quilt of some sort.  


But in the mean time, aren't they pretty??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!