Soon to be BACKWARDS progress...

Yesterday was a snow day, and I'd hoped to move three quilts from the "In Progress" category to the "Top Completed" category.  By the end of the day I'd gotten two there, plus I helped my daughter piece a scrap quilt, so I'm calling it a good day.  Except for the fact that one of my completions is going to need to be torn apart.

I have a bunch of charm packs that I picked up when I was trying to pick out a fabric line as inspiration for my family room finish.  One was Comma, and I decided to use it to make the Marmalade Squares (Two) quilt from the Moda Bakeshop.  But, as I have discovered, there are several problems with the pattern.  The first is that one charm pack isn't enough, so I had to order more fabric.  The second is that the pattern is just plain wrong.  When you follow it, the patchwork section ends up in the wrong spot.  I was thinking while doing it that it seemed wrong, but instead of following my instincts I followed the pattern, and got this:





So obviously, I'm going to have to tear out that section and do it correctly.  I don't always feel the need to slavishly follow and pattern, but it just looks wrong the way it is.

I did get the sashing put onto Ruby, Pearl and Opal.  I just accepted that those other quilt blocks are not coming back, and make it square.  It's going to go to Kelley's new baby, so it actually kind of works the size it ended up. 

Before the sashing
I didn't get the borders added to impromptu, but that's next on the agenda.  After I tear up Comma and redo it... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!