Monday Recovery

The church dinner was yesterday, and I'm exhausted.  I am not sure why, as looking back it doesn't seem like I did that much, but I was completely tuckered out last night, and even let everyone sleep in this morning.  I only wish all mornings could be like this one!  But alas, I must continue to drag all of us out of bed in the dark. 

My quilt went for $350, which I was pleased with.  I had been hoping to get a better picture of it, but I was busy cleaning up in the kitchen, so I didn't have a chance, but that's okay!  It's off to a good home, and I'm already plotting about what to make for next year.  I'm considering this one from the Moda Bakeshop.  The traditional ones seem to go over better, and I can see a lot of people that would like that design.  It's a small-town farm community.

I did get the jester costume cut out for Isadora.  I used polyester felt from JoAnn's, which has several advantages.  First of all, it was only $2.99 per yard.  Secondly, it won't require hemming, and I can also get away without doing any lining.  And the stiffness of it is actually an advantage, as it will give it some body.  I am working on the dress underneath the jacket now.  I was going to go with white, but the muslin was just a bit too thin, and I couldn't see using my good quilting cotton white.  So I pulled out a chopped up sheet that's a nice cream color, and am using that.  I think it will turn out just fine.  We're definitely going for expediency, not quality, on this project!


I'm somewhat running out of steam on simply woven.  I love the way it's looking, but it's just a LOT of relatively uninteresting sewing.  I know I'm going to be delighted with the final project, but I kind of see me starting another more challenging one before I'm done.  Hey, what fun is life without a massive WIP list??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!