WIP Thursday

Small bits of progress here and there.  With the crazy heat, we have yet to really get into our rhythm for the school year, and it will definitely be nice when we finally can get settled in.  It's amazing how being out of routine really throws everyone a bit off.

I had my first night of teaching music at Faith Formation class last night.  After Leslie passed away, I volunteered to take over.  Leslie had an amazing voice, and my skill is more at piano, so I'm sure the kids are wincing listening to me warble my way through their songs.  But I wanted someone to do it, and I seemed to be the best one available.  I was scared to death, to say the least.  I'm also trying to teach a little something as we go, so I picked a song about Saints, and I may have the older ones listen to some beautiful traditional Catholic music as we move through the year.  We'll see.

I started Simply Woven.  It's bright colors just make me happy.  It's the first quilt I've done entirely in solids, so it's a bit of something new!  I'm also working very hard on the scant 1/4 inch seam, and hoping that the blocks come out the right size.  Mine all tend to end up small.  Practice, practice.


Hugs and Kisses is finished!  Gunner is not impressed.  :)  He protested mightily when I put it on his bed.  But he's super attached to blankie, so I suppose that's only natural, and the new one is really for when it gets cold, so for now it's just hanging out in his room.  (Where the colors match wonderfully, if I do say so!)

I did have an incredibly productive weekend.  Noodles on Saturday!  The kids were amazingly well behaved.  Isadora rolled like a champ!


She was persistent, and by the end it was pretty hard to tell her noodles from the veteran rollers'.  Gunner even got in on the helping, although I think it was flirting as much as anything!


Sunday was SOUP DAY!!  In epic proportions.  I think we put up right at 100 quarts, split between Collette and me.  It's wonderful to see them all lined up in my pantry!  We could not have done it without Mom and Dad, though.  And we even managed to accomplish it after discovering all Mom's big pots would not work on my induction cooktop.

It's a team effort!  

A wonderful bounty!!  We had to pause at this point to go get more jars.  
And so, without further ado, my WIP list:


Recent Completions:

Hugs and Kisses

WIPs:
 
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (waiting for my bee blocks)
Craftsy QAYG quilt (two of twelve completed)
Blue and white shirt (maybe finish for Collette?)
Black and White Shirt - put on hold indefinitely, may be a cancellation
Toes in the sand BOM quilt
Simply Woven
At the Quilters: (get them both this weekend, hurray!)


Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Swoon
Fat Quarter Shop BOM
Heart of Mine 2
Pick and Mix (Collette says she loves the colors)

Planning:

New FQS BOM quilt
Lucky Pezzy
White Wrap Shirt



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!