Skip to main content

WIP Thursday

I have been so tired this week I seem to have lost (hopefully temporarily) my sewing mojo.  I have been keeping (mostly) to my no workout-no craft room rule, so a couple of times I've had to squeeze in a workout after work.  Gunner makes this challenging, to say the least!  But I haven't managed to get the kids to bed until nearly 9, by which point I'm exhausted and just want to go to bed myself.  I did get back in the craft room last night, and was making some progress getting the borders sewn on my UFO.  But I discovered that Gunner had also been doing some decorating on it with dry-erase markers, so I paused to try and clean the spots.  I think they came clean, but had to hang it up to dry.

So I started in on my Cameo dress, and am making progress there.  I got started sewing the facing in, at least.  I am still undecided what to do about trim, and it definitely needs something for trim.

I did have a quick finish over the weekend - Gunner's throw toys.  Used up a charm pack, and other extra fabric.  I like how it came out!

I'm also getting ready to start another quilt - Heart of Mine 2.  It went together quickly the first time, and should do so again.  I think it might be another candidate for the fall dinner, which is why it's popping up now.

Recent Completions:
Gunner's throw toys
WIPs:
 
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Fat Quarter Shop BOM (TWELVE of twelve completed!! Center of quilt completed, needs borders)
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (waiting for my bee blocks)
Craftsy QAYG quilt (two of twelve completed)
Blue and white shirt (maybe finish for Collette?)
Cameo Dress 
Old UFO

At the Quilters:
Summer Breeze Jewels 
Hugs and Kisses
 
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:
Swoon
Salad
Basic Math

Planning:

New FQS BOM quilt
Toes in the sand BOM quilt
Heart of Mine 2
Simply Woven
Lucky Pezzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)


Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.


 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.


It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…