Getting things done

It's been a gratifyingly productive couple of days, at least in my craft room!  The rest of the house, not so much. :)  Although my Dad's return to the farm has meant that there is progress being made on my bridge!



It's level!!  It's straight!! This is quite exciting, to say the least.  I'm so glad that Marc will get to see it before he heads off to California next week.  Dad and Sean rented a massive jackhammer like thing (don't you love my technical talk?) to ram the posts back down, and Dad's been hooking the uni-loader up with a really long rope to pull the posts back in straight.  Last night I REALLY wanted to just jump in and take a little swim.  But I figured someone should stay in the house and watch the kids. :)

I finished Summer Breeze - I love how it turned out, and will hopefully get some photos posted soon.

I completed the top for Heart of Mine II.  My initial thought was that this one would go to Jo for a charity top, but I'm undecided.  I love the colors and how it turned out, and I think I might hang on to it for a future baby gift - it's a perfect baby girl quilt.



I finished a new skirt for Isadora, and will hopefully make a small matching shrug.  I was going to use the fabric for something for me, but it was 54 inches wide, not 60, and the pattern I wanted to use wouldn't fit.  And I've been wanting to make Izzy some new clothes, so it seemed a good use of some cute fabric.  It's more 'grown-up' than a lot of her clothes, but I think that's a good thing. 

I cut out another skirt for me, and I love how it's looking so far.  But it appears that something bled on it when I pre-washed it, so I'm just going to finish and REALLY hope that it comes out.  If not, I like the fabric and the style enough I may play with dying the fabric.  We'll see if drastic measures become necessary!

I finished the top for the BOM quilt!!  VERY excited about that one, to say the least.  I don't know what I'm going to have done for the quilting on it.  I'd like something custom.  The woman I've been having do all the long-arming recently has only done all-over designs for me, and I don't know what her interest in doing more detailed work is.

I also finished 6 blocks for the Toes in the Sand BOM quilt.  Like I said, it's been a busy and productive couple of days!  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!