Skip to main content

Halfway Through the Year

Hard to believe, but I thought I'd check on on my list of goals...

I want to finish Swoon, I think that is a given.  I also want to make a LOT more progress on my Farmer's Wife quilt.  I want to finish the BOM Vintage Modern Quilt. Since I have Summer Breeze in progress, finishing that is also on the list. - Swoon is done!  I haven't made as much progress on Farmer's Wife, but I have finished all the blocks for the BOM, and just need to get it put together.  Summer Breeze is finished (at least the top is, still needs to be quilted!). 

I'd like to try a QAYG quilt.  Not sure on what, though!  I need to look through the other projects I have in my head, and get a good priority on them. - I signed up for the Craftsy QYAG class, and have completed two of the squares, but haven't actually quilted either of them.
 
I need (although I don't want!) to stop buying fabric!  Or at least limit it to fabric I need to finish a project, with an emphasis on using what I already have to start off with.  - Okay, have totally blown this one.  I can't resist a good fabric sale. 

I want to make a duvet cover for my down comforter.  That might be a good one to use for the QAYG project... - No progress here at all. 

Also on the list is another quilt for the Church Auction. - I've almost decided that this will be Summer Breeze.  Not positive yet.  But I have a number of tops finished, so no problems in getting at least one done, I hope!


It was probably good to check in here.  I have finished a number of other quilt tops, as well as several other garments, so it's not like I've been slacking, but I do want to pick up the progress on my Farmer's Wife quilt, and the other BOM quilts I've got in the works.


In other news, my mom and sister leave today for Spain.  Mom is there for six weeks, as she is meeting up with Dad.  Kelley and Bev are there for three weeks.  I am quite jealous that I don't get to go, and am going to definitely miss having Mom around.  With Marc's departure imminent, I'm feeling more and more blue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…