Skip to main content

Stacks of Color - DONE

An actual full-fledged finish!  And it didn't take me weeks to get a picture of it, either. :)  This is stacks of color, from one of the Pam Lintott jelly roll books.  Jelly Roll Dreams, I believe.  It's made of a Kashmir jelly roll.  I love the colors in this one.

The quilting is a great flower design.  The lovely woman who long-arms them got a new Intelli-quilter (I think that's what she called it) and has tons of new designs.  I tend to like all over patterns, and this one suited the quilt quite well.  

Here's Juliet checking out the latest creation.  Since my hubby is gone during the week, she's generally my company in the quilting room.  She loves to sleep in the scrap bin.

My daughter has been at Mom's all week, since her summer daycare doesn't start till next Monday, and school finished last Monday.  I miss having her around!  But Gunner and I have been enjoying ourselves.  I think he kind of likes having the place (and Mom) to himself.  

Pick me up, Mom!  


  1. Greetings Juliet and welcome to Feline Friday - good choice on guarding the scrap bins :)

  2. Congratulations on your pretty finish!
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

  3. What a beautiful quilt. The colors are lovely. Gunner is too cute!

  4. really pretty quilt! The colors remind me of Sherbet- love them. :)

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

  5. Nice finish, pretty soft colors and I like the quilting pattern also.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)

Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.

 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.

It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

A Fast Finish

With the new long-arm, I find myself making quick quilt tops to practice the free motion quilting.  So I'm ending up with a LOT of finished quilts!  The quilting on some of them is still a bit rougher than I'd like, but hey, that's more quilts that the kids can use to build forts!

This one I'm actually pretty pleased with, and it is headed off with my dear Aunt Susie.

This is a pattern from a magazine, although I can't recall which one just now.  Very simple, but I had recently purchased a bundle of batiks and it seemed a great fit.  I loaded it onto the machine sideways, and did a different quilting motif in each band.  Feathers, loops, straight lines, I had some fun with them! 

Feathers definitely require practice...

 Straight lines also require practice...

Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress.  I've been using a roll of poly batting; less expensive to practice with, and I actually like the fluff factor.  

Glad to have another one finished!  It end…

Crazy Quilt Charity Project - FINISHED!

This is another quilt top sent along by the fabulous Jo at Jo's Country Junction.  As I mentioned in the previous post, she sent along several tops for a friend and I to quilt and bind.  This one is a wonderfully fun crazy quilt style top.  The colors are not ones that I normally work with, but when I see projects like this it makes me want to change my mind!  This one is made by Patricia, in Spokane.

It's good sized, at 60x72, so the perfect size for cuddling on the couch.

As a relatively new long-armer, I went with basic all-over loops for the center.  

With such a busy pattern, I thought an all-over design as best, as well.  I had a great variegated thread,with shades of gold, brown and tan, which was just perfect for the colors. 

I went with loops in the fabulous pieced border, leaving the black border blank. 

It's definitely comfortable!  My then six-year old was helping out with the photo shoot (again courtesy of my 12 year-old 4-H'er) and apparently it wore him…