Skip to main content

Keeping Busy

I started working on some shirts recently.  I need some new summer tops, and have fabric in my stash for them, so figured I should get cracking.  I started off with a simple tunic from Butterick.  Going off the measurements, I needed a large.  Well, it turned out HUGE.  I am swimming in it.  But on the bright side, it's a really soft fabric, so now I have a new pajama top. :)   I have a couple of knit tops up next, and I'll try and check the patterns more accurately before I cut things out! 

And now for the WIP list:

Recent Completions:

Supersize Shoefly
Pinwheels for Pop

WIPs:
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project!)
Fat Quarter Shop BOM (eight of twelve completed)
Hugs and Kisses
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (waiting for my bee blocks)
Craftsy QAYG quilt

Top Completed, waiting for quilting

Swoon
Summer Breeze Jewels

Waiting for Binding:

Reunion
Stacks of Color

Planning:

Heart of Mine 2
Salad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

Mosaic - DONE!

Many eons ago I finished my Mosaic quilt top.  It was from the Modern Minimal book, which is one that's been on my shelf for a while.  It has several tops that I would love to make; this was the first I'd attempted, and getting it out again has made me want to tackle a couple more.  In fact, my sister-in-law and brother are getting ready to move into their new house, and she's requested something in neutrals, and I think some of these designs would be perfect (off to adjust my to do list...)


To get back to the point of this post, I put together the Mosaic top, and it has sat in my stash ever since.  I've been trying to work through some of my WIP's, and also give a few more quilts to charity, and so decided that this one would be donated.  Enter the fabulous Jo of Jo's Country Junction.   She's got an entire project dedicated to finishing quilt tops and donating them to a wide variety of worthy causes.  As a fellow Iowa farm girl, I just love what she's …