Skip to main content

A Photographed Finish!

This is Reunion - it's a Moda Bakeshop Pattern.  The fabric line is A Stitch of Color.  I love the way it finally turned out.  So colorful!



I used the quilted block fabric as the binding, and machine sewed it from the front.  I love how it turned out - much more even than the old way I was doing it!

My daughter was having fun helping me hold the quilt up.  Of course, she's at the age where she always wants to be IN the pictures!



I'm still working on getting decent quilt pictures.  I am saving up for a new camera; for now all my pictures are taken with my iPhone.


I do love this one, with Gunner peeking out from around the side.



I also finished my Salad quilt top.  It's the cover pattern from this book.  I love how it turned out!  I finished it in only three days, which I was not expecting.  But I had a great time just picking up pieces - it came together very haphazardly.  I'd say organically, but then I'm afraid I'd sound like a hipster quilter.  Is there such a thing as a hipster quilter??  Anyway, I did almost no planning of fabric in this one - just let it come together as it would, and it was quite fun to make.



Comments

  1. A great quilt and love your pictures! My daughter snuck into mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! I especially love the Reunion quilt- such bright, happy colors!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look great. I really like the blocky look of the first one -- perfect for those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful finish on your Reunion quilt - love those Malka fabrics. Such a happy quilt!

    Fantastic Salad quilt top. I fell in love with that pattern, myself and tackled making it into a king-size quilt. I totally agree on how fast it is to stitch together. Think it's a perfect pattern for showing off treasured fabrics. Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)


Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.


 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.


It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…