Skip to main content

One more down!

A couple of things finished this week!  I don't yet have pictures of my daughter's Easter Dress, but I do of the pillow I made for my sister.  It's done with a charm pack of Good Morning, and about a half yard of coordinating solid.  It was really fun to put together.  Part of me would love to submit it to Moda Bake Shop, but the more rational part of me figures that might not be the best use of my time.  Who knows?  I figure the worst that can happen is they say no, and if they laugh hysterically, well, I'm not there to see it. :)

I love the way it turned out, and I hope my sister does, too!  I'm mailing it to her, so I told her to get the pillow form, hence I don't get the full effect.

I just love the back, too.  I found the perfect buttons at JoAnn's, and used up most (but not all) of the rest of the charm pack.  One more item off my WIP list!


Comments

  1. I really like that - nice & bright, and I like the way you put a different fabric in the middle of the plus shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pretty pillow cover! I have a charm pack of Good Morning that I've been trying to figure out what to do with. So I say... go for it and contact Moda Bake Shop. As you say, all they can do is say no. And they might just say yes. There's no way they'd laugh... it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, it´s a pretty and happy pillow cover!
    Of course your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors. Its like a "plus" pillow cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a bright, happy pillow cover. Both front and back are gorgeous. The pattern looks like such a puzzle to put together, though I'm sure there's probably some easy system to do it. Maybe you could have your sister have a friend there to photograph her reaction when she opens the package. It would almost be like being there....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is adorable! I think it would fit right in at the Bake Shop! I will be watching for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…