Skip to main content

A quick finish and a choice

This was a quick finish!  A friend had picked up the panel, but finally said she was never going to get around to it, and gave it to me.  Since I wanted to say that I actually FINISHED something this month, I took a bit of time last night and whipped it up. (Does anyone else have an obsession with checking things off on your to do list??) Next up, the matching hot pads!


In other news, we've been making progress on finishing the basement.  The drywall is up, and soon it will be time to choose the paint.  Needless to say, this decision looms large!  I love color, but it seems like such a huge decision, and there is a LOT of wall space in the basement!

I decided to take a little inspiration from my quilting.  The carpet you see is what is in the basement, so I picked up some charm packs that included yellow, and I'm going to use one of these fabric lines as the basis for the room.  I think I can say right away that Good Morning is out; the yellow is simply too bright.  Of the remaining, I think any of them might work.  I love the Noteworthy line, but am not sure the fabrics are right.  The other three all seem to work color wise.  Comma might be in the early lead.  Anyone have any input? 

Comments

  1. Comma or Noteworthy. When I first saw Noteworthy, I wasn't impressed, even though I hoard sweetwater fabric. But I've made a few things with it. Made up projects are darling in noteworthy. Saw comma for the first time yesterday. I like that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Noteworty, too, but I think more as a quilt fabric than ones suitable for what I'm looking for. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like 2wenty Thr3e the best. Funny, because I don't usually those colours. Comma and Noteworthy would be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…