A Christmas Improvisation

As you can likely tell from the pictures, these have been on the camera for a while, and I'm only now getting them onto the computer.  I finished this quilt about two days after Christmas, so I could at least leave it out for a bit before packing it away for next year.  The day I took these was one of those absolutely beautiful winter days; the kids had a snow day, and it was great to be outside.


This was a completely improvisational quilt - I used one layer cake, one jelly roll and one charm pack of Ready, Set, Snow, and older line from Me and My Sister.  I saw a photo of one like this at one point, but I can't find it now so I can't give proper credit. at Diary of a Quilter. It went together pretty quickly; I put six layer cake squares across to determine a width, and just played with it from there.


The fabric is a fun one, lots of snow flakes and Christmas trees and polka dots.  I put an outside border on it, just to contain the crazy, and used jelly rolls to bind it.


 I used leftover layer cakes and jelly roll strips for the back, along with some solid yardage.


It was a fun outdoor day - love those rosy red cheeks!


Today it's a wonderful 60 degrees out - but I still think winter days like this one was are beautiful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!