Skip to main content

WIP List Changes!

Some big changes to the WIP List!  I pieced everything I have from my Ruby, Pearl and Opal top.  I've made one more plea to my bee group for my last four blocks - I'd REALLY love to have that quilt be as big as it's supposed to be.

I pieced the Sketchbook top.  This was one of those impulse tops; very simple, totally from the stash, trying to use up fabric things.  I'm pretty sure it's going to go to charity.  Same with the layer cake lemonade pattern.

I needed to order some fabric for the comma squares quilt, and I got started on impromptu.  I want to make that one big enough to actually put on my bed.  What a concept! :)

Recent Completions:



Name Tags!

WIPs:

 
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (16 blocks assembled, seeing if my last four will get returned)
Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Toes in the sand BOM quilt
Black Dress
Lucky Pezzy
White wrap shirt (Sewing in Progress)
Comma Squares
Impromtu

At the quilter:

Heart of Mine 2
Pick and Mix
Simply Woven

Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

High Fashion
Swoon
Fat Quarter Shop BOM
Layer Cake Lemonade
Sketchbook

Planning:

Avalon BOM quilt
Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Priscilla Tunic
Sally Shirtdress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…